Thanks Daniel! I think I did (or perhaps I tried things like
"svn://hostname/var/opt/svn/repo01") but I got stuck in quarantine due to a
Covid infection so I'll verify once I get back to work :)

The hostname is resolved in my hosts file but after numerous attempts one
starts checking with IP anyway.