I carried out some more testing.

Using the svn shell command everything seems OK. For example svndump.exe is
dumping the repositories. So it is not (so it seems to me) an issue  in
RiouxSvn server.

it is also possible to commit or checkout repositories using TortoiseSVN.

But as soon as I use the "Repository Browser" ( TortoiseSVN) the
communication with the server get stuck.

For example using a batch command file that is dumping several repositories
(shell command svnrdump dump) and observing the process everything works
correctly, but as soon as I launch the "Repository Browser" on a repository
both the "Repository Browser" get stuck and the batch command (running in
the meantime) stops.

Then for an amount of time (I guess half an hour or longer) it is no longer
possible to work with the RiouxSVN server, neither with TSVN nor with shell
commands. After some hours both shell commands and TSVN (but not the
"Repository Browser") work again.

My guess is that the "Repository Browser" may trigger some alarms in the
server (possibly the server may recognize a denial of service attack)
blocking further connections.May be too many connection in a short time....

It is possible to set TSVN to be less "aggressive" ?  Do you know
whether the TSVN teams is following this mailing list?

Max