Behavior mentioned below encountered using TrotoiseSvn x64 windows desktop
version 1.14.3 and 1.14.5

When deleting a non-empty directory in a local repo, and committing to
remote repo, all the files within the deleted directory *are not marked as
being deleted when viewed in the log window* for the committed revision.

However the commit preview for the local changes prior to commiting to the
remote repo *do *show each deleted file/folder within the top level deleted
directory. This is the same for the incremental progress updates during a
commit operation where it attempts to update the remote repo with the local
changes item by item.

At first I thought somehow the parent directory was being cleaned up
without unlinking the child directories/files, but you are able to retrieve
a list of the historical directory contents by right-clicking the deletion
revision in the log window -> compare and blame with previous revision, so
it seems the appropriate cleanup is being done, but when viewed naively
from the log window revision details it does not immediately appear so.

This can be further confusing when reverse merging the revision in
question, and the top level directory is marked as being added to the
tracked workspace (blue plus sign) while its contents are marked as if
they're unmodified (green check mark) - I incorrectly took this as a sign
that the directory contents were not being removed while the directory was,
and it exacerbated an unrelated merge issue because I assumed there was
some underlying corruption stemming from the revision that deleted the
directory.

I may be misremembering but it feels like older versions of tortoise svn
used to display the contents as being removed along with their containing
parent directory. I have commits that were created prior to updating to
1.14.3 which show the same behavior as mentioned above - parent directory
deleted but does not itemize deletion of contents. I cannot verify my
"hunch" in that older revisions did this, but figured I'd mention in case
it helps.

The revision details in the log window should display each item deleted in
a revision instead of compressing them down to a single deletion of the
top-most deleted directory.

Thank you for your continued support of TortoiseSVN!
Sam