torsdag 20 oktober 2022 kl. 19:38:09 UTC+2 skrev Günther DoJoy Humer:

> I wanted to somehow use Shelving like gits cheap branching.
>
> Feature shelf, BugFix shelve...
>
> Create a shelveset
> Change sth.
> Create a new version of the shelveset
>
> work on something different
>
> unshelve version1 of shelveset
> Review, commit
> unshelve... Version2 is not there anymore!
>
> 100% reproducable

It seems that unshelving version 1 deletes version 2 but keeps version 1 of
the shelf.

I will have to look at this a bit closer as I'm not sure what the proper
behaviour should be, neither if this is a flaw in TortoiseSVN or in the
Subversion libraries. (Anyone interested should try to reproduce the error
on the commandline).

One argument could be that if you decide to go back to shelf version 1,
then you have decided that any changes later on are not important anymore.
In that case, shelf version 1 should also be deleted. An argument against
this is that shelving (opposed to checkpointing) deletes any changes in the
WC after moving them to the shelf. But I'm not sure if shelf version 2 is
selfcontained or if it stands on top of shelf version 1.

A way to work around this would be to create differently named shelf for
each change.

Kind regards,
Daniel