torsdag 5 januari 2023 kl. 15:33:02 UTC+1 skrev valentina.marz...@gmail.com:

> I would like to print the value of the Revision property into a docx and
> xlsx file.
> I added the property form windows context menu properties --> subversion
> --> properties --> new --> keyword --> revision .
> I wrote into the file/cell  $Rev$
> but, after a commit,  I can't see the value of the revision.
> This process is fine for txt file.
>
> Could you help me?
> Thank you

docx and xlsx are binary file formats (zipped XML files to be more
precise). Subversion is looking for "$Rev$" within the file but it is very
unlikely you will find it in clear in the file. And in either case if
Subversion would replace it, chances are that the ZIP file will be corrupt
afterwards. Don't set the svn:keywords property on binary files!

I can't see an easy way to add the revision number within a document.

One way would be to add a pre-commit script using the COM interfaces of
Word and Excel to open the file and Search/replace the $Rev$ identifier.
But that will only add the latest known revision to the document, which is
not the same as the revision you will get after commit. (It is not even
assured you will get "latest known + 1" since another commit might be going
on in the background and the one finishing first will get the next rev
number).

Another way would be to do a post-update and/or post-commit script that
does the same (this is similar to what Subversion is doing with the
automatic keyword expansion), but you will end up with locally modified
files which might be a showstopper in case someone else modifies the file
in the repository. (Subversion handles this on text files since it
translates/detranslates the $Rev$ keyword before talking to the repository).

Kind regards,
Daniel