Hi All,

As many of you may have seen a CFP for papers for a special issue of
Transactions on Computing Education (TOCE) on Capstones and Projects in
Computing Education was issued a few days ago.  If you haven’t seen it:
http://empiricalcsed.org/toce/

Would anyone be interested in collaborating on a multi-institutoinal
perspective on using H/FOSS in the Senior Capstone?

I’ve been heading an effort at Dickinson College to rebase our senior capstone
course around student participation in H/FOSS projects.  We are half-way
through our first semester with this approach.  While we will have some
experiential information and some empirical pre/post survey data from a small
group (n=15) before the abstract deadline and more before the paper deadline. I
thought pulling together 2 or 3 examples of H/FOSS in the Senior Capstone from
different institutions might make a solid contribution to this issue.

So, if you are interested, please get in touch with me directly:
brau...@dickinson.edu<mailto:brau...@dickinson.edu>.

Note the Important Dates:

Extended abstracts (up to 1000 words): January 15, 2017
Decisions on abstracts: February 1, 2017
Full papers due: April 1, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: August 1, 2017
Revised manuscripts due: October 1, 2017
Special issue published: January, 2018

Best regards,
Grant

Grant Braught