Hi all,

replying now.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 11:15:09 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org> wrote:

> Forwarding to the list so I can reply in public, due to a GMail GFail (see
> https://twitter.com/shlomif/status/918749998355042304 ). Please reply to the
> list next time.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 19:22:34 -0400
> From: TOS Owner <owner....@gmail.com>
> To: Shlomi Fish <shlo...@shlomifish.org>
> Subject: Re: [TOS] Two requests regarding the new site
>

> Hello Shlomi,
>
> As you may know, we moved the TOS site from a wiki to WordPress. This
> decision was made because the site was 90% spam, due to the open nature of
> the wiki that allowed anyone to create an account.

You can restrict edits in wikis too - no need to resort to WordPress, which I
and many other people really dislike - see
http://shlomifishswiki.branchable.com/WordPress/ .

> Upon first registering for the new site, everyone is "subscriber", a user
> role which does not include editing privileges. I have changed your role to
> "author" so that you can edit pages.

Fine, but the edit button is not handled properly when i am a subscriber.

> I believe that the page you are
> looking for is here:
> http://teachingopensource.org/start-contributing-using-open-source-software/

This breaks compat with the old links and makes web surfers and search engines
unhappy. Can you set up a redirect?

> Note that Paulo Cesar Coranado translated the page into Spanish which is a
> huge help! You might want to let him know if you make any major changes so
> that he can update the translation.

Thanks to him!

> Let me know if you have any trouble editing the page. We are slowly adding
> authors and are just starting to document the process.

OK, I want a redirect first.