Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 15:00:29 -0500
From: Tom Callaway <tcall...@redhat.com>
To: tos@teachingopensource.org
Subject: [TOS] What makes a "good" open source project for Academic
involvement?

Obviously, no teacher, class, or academic institution are the same, but I'm
curious to know what aspects of an open source community make it "good" for
you to connect your students with it.

Not looking to make a list of "good" communities, but rather, interested in
hearing what things that they do that made them a "good" fit. Are there
things that you wish open source communities would do more often (or at all)
to help make them more student/academic friendly?

I've got my own ideas here, but I'm interested in hearing this from an
academic perspective first. :)

Thanks in advance,

~tom