Is this only affecting the launcher? I tried to reproduce this now, and
while I do see a little decrease of performance when 9 apps are opened
(its not terribly slow, just a bit jumpy), the launcher doesn't behave
any worse than the rest of the ui.

Can you confirm this is a Launcher-only issue? if yes, can you add more
detailed steps to repriduce? which apps are open, which one is in
foreground?

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Michael Zanetti (mzanetti)

  [QtComp] vertical scroll in launcher is laggy

Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:

  What happened:
  I opened 9 apps, causing the launcher to be scrollable. Scrolling the
launcher is slow and jumpy

  What should have happened:
  Luncher scrolling should be smoooth

  Package: unity8 8.00+14.10.20140710.1-0ubuntu1 [origin:
LP-PPA-ci-train-ppa-service-landing-006]
  Uname: Linux 3.4.0-5-mako armv7l
  ApportVersion: 2.14.4-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: armhf
  Date: Fri Jul 11 09:29:14 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu Utopic Unicorn (development branch) - armhf
(20140711-020204)
  SourcePackage: unity8