** Summary changed:

- nm hangs onto far away access points #83 mako & flo
+ nm connects to far away access points since #83 mako & flo

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  nm connects to far away access points since #83 mako & flo

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  For a few images now, on mako and flo my devices seem to cling onto
  access points which are far away rather than nearby ones.

  At home I have two access points named such that I know which is which
  (popey_2.4_bed & popey_2.4_den).

  When I boot up an Ubuntu device (phone/tablet) they always seem to
  attach to the far away access point and stay on it until I forcibly
  choose the other access point.

  I notice this a lot because I find using the phone slow because it's
  using the 'bed' AP which is at the other end of the house and through
  a few walls, whereas the 'den' one is right next to me in the office.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.8.8-0ubuntu18
  Uname: Linux 3.4.0-5-mako armv7l
  ApportVersion: 2.14.3-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: armhf
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'iw'
  Date: Mon Jun 16 13:41:12 2014
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   # Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
   source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu Utopic Unicorn (development branch) - armhf
(20140616)
  IpRoute:
   default via 192.168.1.1 dev wlan0  proto static
   10.144.147.0/24 dev rmnet_usb0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.144.147.88
metric 13
   192.168.1.0/24 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.105
metric 9
  PciNetwork:

  SourcePackage: network-manager
  mtime.conffile..etc.dbus.1.system.d.org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.conf:
2014-06-11T20:47:57
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE     TYPE              STATE         DBUS-PATH

   /ril_0     gsm               connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1
   wlan0      802-11-wireless   connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING         VERSION    STATE           NET-ENABLED   WIFI-HARDWARE
WIFI       WWAN-HARDWARE   WWAN
   running         0.9.8.8    connected       enabled       enabled
enabled    enabled         enabled