** Changed in: unity

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  unity panel on live CD contains no indicators

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  [I am not sure why apport automatically tagged this unity-2d, since I
  am in a 3D unity session, which I can verify by the output of ps
  (attached).]

  In a 3D Unity session with the Oneiric i386 20110629 daily-live
  running unity 4.0.1-0ubuntu2, no indicators appear in the top panel.
  The bar at the top of the screen is blank except for the Unity home
  button on the very left side, and (when applicable) the name of the
  currently running application. Application menus are shown under their
  windows' title bars instead of in the unity panel, and there are no
  network menus, no me menu, no session menu, and no clock/calender.
  Running "unity --replace", "unity --reset", and "compiz --replace"
  does not remedy the problem (I tested them independently, rebooting
  after the first of those commands, and testing the third only after
  completing the original version of this report and attaching files). I
  am not able to reproduce this problem on any installed system; it
  appears to happen only with live CD's.

  The following binaries for indicators, which run on the Oneiric i386
  system that is installed on the same machine, do not run in the daily-
  live system on this machine (which, given the above behavior, is
  expected):

  /usr/lib/indicator-application/indicator-application-service
  /usr/lib/indicator-session/indicator-session-service
  /usr/lib/indicator-messages/indicator-messages-service
  /usr/lib/indicator-datetime/indicator-datetime-service
  /usr/lib/indicator-me/indicator-me-service

  In case it's relevant, this system has indicator-application
  0.3.90-0ubuntu2, indicator-session 0.2.90-0ubuntu3, indicator-messages
  0.4.90-0ubuntu2, indicator-datetime 0.2.90-0ubuntu4, and indicator-me
  0.2.91-0ubuntu1.

  I have attached a screenshot showing the problem.

  This bug is superficially similar to bug 781491, but since "unity
  --replace" works around the problem in that bug, I think they are
  almost certainly separate bugs.

  Package: unity-services 4.0.1-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0-2.3-generic 3.0.0-rc4
  Uname: Linux 3.0-2-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  CompizPlugins:
[core,bailer,detection,composite,opengl,decor,mousepoll,vpswitch,regex,animation,snap,expo,move,compiztoolbox,place,grid,imgpng,gnomecompat,wall,ezoom,workarounds,staticswitcher,resize,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,scale,session,unityshell]