** Changed in: unity

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Unity always shows all devices in launcher when CD is inserted

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  In Ubuntu 12.10 the default behavior when inserting a CD (or a USB
  memory stick, etc.) is to add a list of mounted devices to the
  launcher.  This takes up a lot of extra space for me as I usually have
  several Samba mounts.  Furthermore, I don't need or want to see my CD
  in the launcher.

  I can click right on the mounted devices and select "Unlock from
  launcher", but the next time I insert a CD they're back.  Disabling
  this "feature" should be an option in 12.10.  I believe it was an
  option in 12.04 via CCSM.   Thanks.