** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  poor battery performance in Unity

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  The battery life on my Netbook is being eaten up by the new update.  I
  think the problem is the index is being built on battery and
  decreasing the time I have on battery.

  Updated on power, had a full charge, unplugged to go watch TV and
  logged into new Unity.  Within 10 minutes I was at 1/2 battery life
  and 10 minutes later was done to 3/4 battery.  Seems like an index was
  being built for the first time you use the search (zeitigest  I think
  the application is called).  Would be nice if there was a way to
  configure indexing on battery life.

  RUnning a Dell Mini 9 w/ 10.04 completly up to date. 1 GB of RAM on my
  netbook