I'm having trouble applying this patch to libcairo2 version 1.13.0 from
Ubuntu 14.04

Doing some tracing, it looks like display->buggy_repeat is accessed by
the function:

cairo_bool_t
_cairo_xlib_display_has_repeat (cairo_device_t *device)
{
    return ! ((cairo_xlib_display_t *) device)->buggy_repeat;
}

However, I don't see that function called anywhere else in the code.

I'm still observing slowness for GTK programs using NX (both nx2go and
NoMachine).

Could anyone comment on the proper patch for libcairo2 version 1.13.0?

I'm also having trouble locating the callers of
_recategorize_composite_operation.  Perhaps I have an incomplete source tree?
$ find -type f | xargs grep recategorize_composite
./cairo-xlib-render-compositor.c:    operation =
_recategorize_composite_operation (dst, op, src, &src_attr,
./cairo-xlib-render-compositor.c:    operation =
_recategorize_composite_operation (dst, op, src,

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cairo in Ubuntu.

  GTK programs in Ubuntu 10.10 are sluggish over NX

Status in libcairo  -  cairo vector graphics library:
  Confirmed
Status in “cairo” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “cairo” source package in Precise:

  I use NX to connect to a work computer from home, over the Internet.
  I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 10.10, and I noticed that GTK programs
  became very sluggish.

  I currently have 1.10.0-1ubuntu3 of libcairo2 installed.  If I
  override this with the Ubuntu 10.04 version of libcairo2,
  1.8.10-2ubuntu1, performance is restored.  I used LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
  run GTK programs with the old libcairo2 package.

  I'll attach a video demonstrating how much faster gedit is using the
  old libcairo2 package.

  Both my home and work computer run Ubuntu 10.10.

  The work computer has these NX packages installed:
  nxclient-3.4.0-7
  nxnode-3.4.0-14
  nxserver-3.4.0-14

  The home computer only has the nxclient-3.4.0-7 package installed.

  The ping times from my home computer to work computer are about 35ms.

  I suspect this issue is related to, or a duplicate of, bug #595845.

  Package: libcairo2 1.10.0-1ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-22.35-generic-pae 2.6.35.4
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Sun Nov 28 03:23:50 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash