This bug appears to be back on Trusty, with a Samsung laser printer
attached to my router.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  CUPS DNS-SD (Bonjour/mDNS/Zeroconf/Avahi) not broadcasting

Status in Avahi:
  New
Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: cups

  I've enabled advertising of local printers in a recent upgrade to
  Karmic. The config file has these salient lines:

  Browsing On
  BrowseOrder allow,deny
  BrowseAllow all
  BrowseRemoteProtocols cups
  BrowseAddress @LOCAL
  BrowseLocalProtocols cups dnssd

  But CUPS still doesn't advertise using DNS-SD. (I can't find the
  printers with a Mac OS X v10.6 client, and I also checked by running
  avahi-browse locally.) I turned the log level to debug2 and didn't
  find any indication that DNS-SD was being used. (In particular, I
  expected "dnssdRegisterPrinter" to be logged, as reflected by line
  2666 of dirsvc.c in the CUPS source.) Suspiciously, I noticed this
  line in the log file:

  d [30/Oct/2009:14:35:13 -0700] [CGI] Starting "{HAVE_DNSSD?" at 2802,
result=0...
  d [30/Oct/2009:14:35:13 -0700] [CGI] Skip first part...

  I don't exactly know what's going on here, but is it possible that
  CUPS was for some reason compiled with the HAVE_DNSSD flag off?

  Further evidence: If I click "Advanced" on the "Administration" page,
  the protocols under "Share printers connected to this system" are
  CUPS, LDAP, and SLP. No DNS-SD.