** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  subtitles encoding is not shown properly in vlc

Status in “vlc” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: ibus

  When I run vlc to see a movie with Windows-1251 subtitles, the vlc
  shows following error:

  [0x7f709c05dd50] subsdec decoder error: failed to convert subtitle encoding.
  Try manually setting a character-encoding before you open the file.
  Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
  IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
  Warning: call to rand()

  and the text of the subtitles is shown as question marks. If I remove
  the ibus and all it's libraries, the VLC works properly.

  My guess is that the ibus did not start on boot, thus I am filing the
  bug against ibus.