   ibus breaks emacs and eclipse control-space keybinding

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  CTRL-space is a bad choice for shortcut as it is used by emacs

Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu:

  On what operating system?

  OS (Linux distributions, UNIX or ...):Linux Mint 17
  Architecture (i386, x86_64):x86_64
  IBus version:1.5.5
  Input method name and version:
  Python version:2.7.6
  dbus version:?
  dbus-python version:?
  gtk version (if bug is about gtk applications):
  qt version (if bug is about qt applications):

  What steps will reproduce the problem?

  1. Install Linux Mint XFCE
  2. Start emacs
  3. Mark a block using CTRL-space
  4. Get confused why CTRL-space does not work

  1. Go to duolingo.com
  2. Go to a listening lesson
  3. Press CTRL-space to listen to the audio at a slower speed
  4. Get confused why CTRL-space does not work

  I expect CTRL-space to be given to emacs/duolingo.

  I see that CTRL-space is intercepted.

  According to the ibus people
  http://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/detail?id=1732#c4 the default
  shortcut is Super+space.

  Ubuntu uses a patch (debian/patches/ibus-xx-ctrl-space.patch) which
  changes the Super+space to CTRL+space.

  That is a bad choice as CTRL+space is also used alot in Emacs. I have
  been unable to find the rationale behind overriding the default of
  Super+space, and thus I will suggest you simply remove the patch.

  - o -

  The problem is that I as a user am not told which program intercepts
  CTRL-space, so it is very hard for me to figure out which program eats
  my CTRL-space. ibus does not give a warning, and if you (like me) have
  a single input method engine installed, you do not see any change from
  pressing CTRL-space - making it even harder to figure out. I spent 2
  frustrating hours figuring out what caused problem, and I expect other
  emacs/duolingo.com users will experience the same.

  There are several ways in which this could be improved:

  * Disable the shortcut if there is only one input method engine
  * Give a pop-up dialog box the first time the user activates the shortcut, so
that the user is aware that this shortcut is run by ibus and how to disable it
if that is not what the user wants.
  * Disable the shortcut by default - I would imagine the people that have the
need for multiple input engines would have to select the input engines anyway,
so they will see the preferences anyway and see that they can select a shortcut.

  Package: ibus 1.5.5-1ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-32.57-lowlatency 3.13.11.4
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-32-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Jul 29 11:05:42 2014
  InstallationMedia: Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" - Release amd64 (20130520)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)