Hm, actually I forgot about this and at least for 14.04 (Trusty) this is fixed
by now. Might have been some intermediate problem during development, too. I
had cases where for some unknown reasons parts of the touch image binaries
leaked into desktop.
As long as this has not re-surfaced in current development (Utopic) we should
close this report.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Menus do not work while VNC screen of virt-manager is active

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  Release: Trusty (updated 2013-03-13 11:00 UTC)
  Architecture: amd64

  Testcase: Start virt-manager and launch a VM guest. While the VNC
  graphical terminal is active, the menus do not work (neither top bar,
  nor window bar). When switching away from graphical screen (the window
  has a kind of tools bar, from that for example the blue info/config
  button brings up config details) the menus start working. And fail
  again when the graphical screen is brought back.