This landed in trunk now.

** Changed in: autopilot (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to autopilot in Ubuntu.

  Fix handling of /dev/uinput

Status in “autopilot” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  The current autopilot rule does that:

  # Creates autopilot group specific access to /dev/uinput
  KERNEL=="uinput", SUBSYSTEM=="misc", SYMLINK="autopilot-uinput",
GROUP="autopilot", MODE="0660"

  But on our Ubuntu Touch images, at least on mako, we have other rules
  which also change the permissions:

   rules.d/70-android.rules:ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="uinput",
  OWNER="system", GROUP="bluetooth", MODE="0660"

  There are multiple things which are wrong with this:

   * We need to stop abusing groups for device permissions. They also
  apply to remote logins which we really don't want to, and cause
  conflicts liek this.

   * There is no reason to create a /dev/autopilot-uinput symlink.
  Device symlinks make sense if they are stable and point to an unstable
  device name, like /dev/disk/by-label, but /dev/uinput is a fixed name
  which never changes.

  Instead, the rule should provide access to the current foreground
  session:

    KERNEL=="uinput", SUBSYSTEM=="misc", TAG+="uaccess"

  and autopilot be fixed to use /dev/uinput directly. The group
  "autopilot" should not be created any more.