I experienced the same behaviour as Jeremy, but it is not reliable.
E.g., after lightdm restart everything seems to work properly.

Not sure if the same as #1349128, because in my case the password input
box inside the login box is not displayed at all.

If it can be helpful, in my case Synergy is running and Chrome is not.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Can't type password after resume.

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I couldn't type password after resume - no characters displayed this
  time.

  I had to Ctrl+alt+f2 and service lightdm restart.

  Package: lightdm 1.10.0-0ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Apr 22 17:37:49 2014
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy Salamander" - Release amd64
(20131016.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=linux
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: lightdm
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-19 (3 days ago)