We have the wizard now, so things work as expected on first boot. I
don't think we should spend any time on live-switching locales (except
maybe for 12h/24h clock?), as it's not something you ever really do on
your phone.

The settings app should probably just recommend a reboot/session restart
after you change your locale and warn that if you skip that you'll only
see newly started software in the new language?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu
in Ubuntu.

  Need to reboot the phone to have it pick up a new language setting

Status in Ubuntu UI Toolkit:
  New
Status in “apparmor-easyprof-ubuntu” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “ubuntu-system-settings” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:

  in ubuntu touch, if you select a language via system-settings, the
  settings app itself as well as all other newly started apps pick up
  the translations for their UI. unity itself does stay in english
  though.