The design wire frames we received last week included the use of a link
at the bottom of the screen to switch between login and registration
pages. These changes to match those wireframes are already landed in the
image.

Please verify any bugs in the latest devel-proposed images before filing
them. :)

** Changed in: ubuntuone-credentials (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntuone-credentials in

  "I am a new Ubuntu One user" inappropriately uses a switch

Status in “ubuntuone-credentials” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 14.10 r157

  1. Navigate to System Settings > "Accounts".
  2. If an Ubuntu One account is registered, remove it so that you can add one.
  3. If you had to do that, and bug 1239618 isn't fixed yet, work around it by
force-closing "Accounts" then reopening it.
  4. Choose "Add account...".
  5. Choose Ubuntu One".

  What you see:
  * A switch followed by the text "I am a new Ubuntu One user".
  * Below the switch, the label "I am a returning user and my password is:"

  This doesn't make sense:
  * Switches are for nouns or noun phrases that you can turn on/off (Wi-Fi,
Flight Mode, Spell checking, etc), not for clauses.
  * The layout suggests that "I am a returning user and my password is:" will
be present regardless of the state of "I am a new Ubuntu One user", which would
be contradictory. (What actually happens is that the "I am a returning user and
my password is:" label and field disappear, but this is itself surprising.)
  * It's inconsistent with the Ubuntu One Web site.

  What you should see:
  * Radio buttons for "I am a new Ubuntu One user" and "I am a returning user
and my password is", as seen on <https://login.ubuntu.com/+login>.

  [Originally reported to me by Benjamin Keyser.]