Hi, seems I get the same bug in 14.04 Suspend works, but not after
shutdown.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sysvinit in Ubuntu.

  WOL does not work when using shutdown, but works with suspend (S3) and
  "halt -p"

Status in “sysvinit” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: upstart

  I am not sure whether this is the fault of upstart, or some other
  package, but the problem is:

  Wake-on-LAN works in the following situations:

  1) when suspending the system to S3 (using pm-suspend)
  2) When issuing "sudo halt -p" from the command line.
  Note: I have not tested WOL from hibernate

  If I shut down the system from XFCE or by issuing "sudo shutdown -h
  now" I cannot wake up my system by sending a WOL packet from another
  computer.

  I really want to avoid using suspend as suspend support seems a bit
  unstable on my computer running as a mythbackend.

  I also understand that "halt -p" does not run the shutdown scripts in
  rc0, rc1 and rc6 which probably is not good for my system services.

  But it seems like that somewhere during the shutdown scripts WOL is
  disabled.

  I have tried setting NETDOWN=no in /etc/init.d/halt to prevent halt
  from bringing the network interfaces down.

  I enable WOL with a script in init.d, here is the script:
  #!/bin/sh
  ### BEGIN INIT INFO
  # Provides: wakeonlanconfig
  # Required-Start: $remote_fs $syslog
  # Required-Stop: $remote_fs $syslog
  # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 S
  # Default-Stop: 1 6
  # Short-Description: Set up Wake On Lan
  ### END INIT INFO

  ETHTOOL="/usr/sbin/ethtool"
  DEV="eth1"
  case "$1" in
  start)
      echo -n "Setting $DEV to wakeonlan..."
      $ETHTOOL -s $DEV wol g;
      echo " done.";;
  stop)
      ;;
  esac

  exit 0

  The Wakeonlan script is run at the following runlevels:
  locate wakeonlan
  /etc/init.d/wakeonlanconfig
  /etc/rc0.d/K20wakeonlanconfig
  /etc/rc1.d/K20wakeonlanconfig