I suggest trying latest kernel module/driver to make sure it has not
been fixed already: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/UpgradingAlsa/DKMS

Once you have that done, reload ALSA (or just reboot) and run the following
command to gather the logs:
apport-collect 1351916

** Package changed: pulseaudio (Ubuntu) => alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: alsa-driver (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  4-pin jack mic doesn't work

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  I have an Acer Aspire V5-571G with a Realtek soundcard in which there is one
4-pin jack (for mic and headset). When i plug a 4-pin headset only output is
detected while input remains the same (it still using the integrated computer
mic).
  Right now im using Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS but anyway it neither work in previous
versions.
  EDIT: My soundcard is Realtek but in ubuntu is called HDA Intel PCH.