Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  cannot resume from suspend Ubuntu 14.04

Status in “pm-utils” package in Ubuntu:

  This is on a clean install of Ubuntu 14.04. The other bug report on
  this issue which comes close is an old one (Ubuntu 7.04 in filed in
  2009). Hence a new bug

  No matter which method I use to suspend - shutting the lid or using
  the options in the session indicator, ubuntu 14.04 does not resume
  after suspend.

  This is also true no matter which desktop environment I am in - I have
  three: Unity, gnome-desktop and cairo-dock.

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. Shut lid: suspend is initiated

  2. press power button on notebook to resume, the bluetooth, wireless
  lights etc. are shining suggesting that the notebook is trying to
  resume

  3. But no, it does not resume.

  4. Power off completely and power on again

  Pinging to the notebook from another device when in the above state
  results in an "unreachable" error.

  Substitute Step 1 for suspending from main shutdown/session menu:
  result is the same

  It has been the same on my notebook since 11.04

  Package: pm-utils 1.4.1-13
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu May 15 16:29:34 2014