if your subwoofer work with stereo when retask as line out, this mean that you
don't need use 4 channels and ladspa plugin

you  need to revert or modify this patch so that the two dac of speaker
and subwoofer play stereo instead of surround40

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/commit/sound/pci/hda/hda_codec.c?id=cd4035e814b04c009ece9939396d06370c53ed44

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Dell Alienware 14, Speaker sound output is mono until a headphone jack
  is plugged

Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu:

  Here's the required release and package information:

      Release:        14.04

      Package: linux-image-extra-3.13.0-19-generic
      Version: 3.13.0-19.40

  When playing audio through speakers on my Alienware 14 2014, the sound
  output is in mono until I plug a headphone in any of the two available
  headphone jacks (obviously, the auto-mute option must be disabled).
  When I do so, the sound starts to play in stereo.

  I would love the sound output to be stereo by default and not be
  forced to plug anything to achieve that.

  Attached is the alsa-info.sh output for my machine.