** Changed in: dpkg (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Filip Sohajek (filip-sohajek)

** Package changed: dpkg (Ubuntu) => apt (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  apt-get crashes when an empty string is fed as the package name

Status in “apt” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  This is an error report for package apt
  (http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/apt), but i just can't select it
  from the package filter as it yields "too many matches" for that name.

  If you do

  apt-get install/remove/whatever ""

  you get:

  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
    what():  basic_string::compare

  and the program crashes instead of pointing out my stupidity.

  This happens in Ubuntu 14.04 but I think it also affects other
  versions.