Hi saviq,

I'm actually using those branches, along with a couple of others, and
log out still is not working correctly.  It's not really clear to me
what is going on.  After trying to log out, the unity8 and unity8-dash
upstart jobs are still in the start/running state.

If you have any other ideas or other logs I should check, let me know.

Thanks!

  Logging out of the Unity8 desktop preview session hangs

Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “unity8-desktop-session” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  When logging out of a Unity8 desktop preview session, it hangs and
  keeps displaying the Logout dialogue but nothing else happens.