Good question!

I'm on Utopic development version (i. e. 14.10)  and there is no way to
get network back on automatically after hibernate! (suspend often caused
my machine to hard-lock so I can only use hibernate in my case)

It's a shame everyone ignores us, saying this is of minor importance.
BTW, it worked fine in Saucy, so this is evidence enough that someone
dabbled with the code and broke it AGAIN.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to systemd-shim in Ubuntu.

  missing PrepareForSleep signal after resuming, causing networking to
  stay disabled

Status in NetworkManager:
  New
Status in wicd:
  New
Status in “systemd-shim” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “systemd-shim” source package in Saucy:
  Confirmed
Status in “systemd-shim” source package in Trusty:

  As per request from bug #1184262, this is a new report, along with
  dbus (to be attached)

  Package: systemd-services 204-0ubuntu19
  Uname: Linux 3.12.0-custom x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.1