Note that I only see this on GtkPopovers attached to buttons in the
GtkHeaderBar.  Popovers attached to other widgets appear fine.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  Inherited shadows in GtkPopover text cause readability problems

Status in Themes for Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “ubuntu-themes” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm currently developing an application which uses GtkPopovers.  It
  works fine under GNOME Shell on Utopic 14.10 but under Unity text
  inside the popover is blurry.  I will attach screenshots indicating
  what I'm talking about.

  Oddly, the text inside a GtkButton displays fine.  It's the text
  labels elsewhere (GtkLabels, combo boxes, etc.) that are blurred.