I am not sure this bug is fixed in 14.04.3. I have a (relatively) fresh
install that I brought up-to-date. I bumped into this bug after
gtkorphan removed libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Totem Crashes at launch from missing libwayland-egl

Status in System76:
  New
Status in livecd-rootfs package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in mesa-lts-vivid package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in livecd-rootfs source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in mesa source package in Trusty:
  Invalid
Status in mesa-lts-vivid source package in Trusty:
  Confirmed
Status in livecd-rootfs source package in Vivid:
  Invalid
Status in mesa source package in Vivid:
  Confirmed
Status in mesa-lts-vivid source package in Vivid:
  Invalid
Status in livecd-rootfs source package in Wily:
  Invalid
Status in mesa source package in Wily:
  Confirmed
Status in mesa-lts-vivid source package in Wily:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When trying to open a video file from Ubuntu 14.04.3 Daily Image
  (2015-07-29), it will not open. If totem is manually run from the
  terminal, this error occurs:

  totem: error while loading shared libraries: libwayland-egl.so.1:

  Using Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (Daily Image from: 2015-07-29) 64-bit
  Totem version: 3.10.1-1ubuntu4

  Package: totem 3.10.1-1ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.19.0-25.26~14.04.1-generic 3.19.8-ckt2
  Uname: Linux 3.19.0-25-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.11
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity