Yes, this version of NM is the current one on 15.10, I was able to
download and install the package without any issues from here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-
manager/0.9.10.0-4ubuntu18/+build/7652985

Indeed it fixes this issue.

There's however a newer version:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/wily/amd64/network-manager/1.0.4-0ubuntu2

Haven't tried it. I will remain on 0.9.10.0-4ubuntu18 for the time
being.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  Network Manager doesn't set metric for local networks any more,
  causing connection issues

Status in NetworkManager:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in network-manager source package in Vivid:

  [Impact]
  NM changed its method of setting routes on systems, and no longer attaches a
metric value specific to the type of device being used. These values were used
to prioritize connections, so that for example, when connected to both wired
and wireless at the same time, wired can be used in priority over wireless
without incurring packet loss.
  Currently, when connected to both wired and wireless are connected to the
same subnet, the user may notice connectivity issues since packets are sent in
a round-robin fashion over all default routes on the same subnet with the same
metric.

  [Test Case]
  1- Connect to a wireless network.
  2- Connect to the same network over Ethernet both connections should come up
on the same subnet.
  3- Make sure there is no packet loss, and that there are specific metric
values for each default route, as displayed by 'ip route'.

  [Regression Potential]
  Since handling default routes properly involves correcting the behavior for
all device types, VPN behavior may change to pick up the default routes in all
cases, over a wired connection. It's also possible that a connection pick up
the default route when it is not meant to.

  ---

  With Vivid, having two connections to the same network subnet is
  unstable due to missing metrics for local networks.

  Example:

  Being connected to 192.168.1.0/24 via both wired and wireless will
  cause connectivity issues as sent packets hop between the two
  interfaces.

  It used to be that this wasn't an issue. I would go between work and
  home and plug in and my machine would automatically connect to
  wireless and it would use the lower metric ethernet interface for all
  communications, while the wlan interface would remain connected but
  unused.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.10.0-4ubuntu11
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.16.2-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Wed Mar 25 09:17:27 2015
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" - Release amd64 (20141022.1)
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to vivid on 2015-03-17 (8 days ago)
  nmcli-nm: Error: command ['nmcli', '-f', 'all', 'nm'] failed with exit code
2: Error: Object 'nm' is unknown, try 'nmcli help'.