The patch attached to comment#25:

Enhances PowerPC hook to capture more information if the underlying platform is
PowerNV. This patch adds support to collect following information:
- List all dump generated (ls -l)
- OPAL console log, if available.
- All of the OPAL-elog dump (if kernel specified).
and also fix trivial typo.

This patch is based on
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-dev/ubuntu/utopic/apport/ubuntu/revision/2340

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Make apport collect some Power information

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  On power/ppc64el system, we would need to enhance current apport reporting
tool which some information like file content or commands output including
            "/proc/device-tree/"
              "/proc/loadavg"
              "/proc/locks"
             "/proc/misc"
              "/proc/swaps"
              "/proc/version"
              "/dev/nvram"
              "/var/log/platform"
              "ppc64_cpu --smt"
              "ppc64_cpu --cores-present"
              "ppc64_cpu --cores-on"
              "ppc64_cpu --run-mode"
             "ppc64_cpu --frequency"
             "ppc64_cpu --dscr"

  Readme says : For complete instructions, see
/usr/share/doc/apport/package-hooks.txt but
  cat: /usr/share/doc/apport/package-hooks.txt: No such file or directory

  Do I understand correctly I would need to create a file (for example)
  named : /usr/share/apport/general-hooks/power.py ?

  Other questions:
  Do you have common functions to put output of commands in logfile ?
  do you have common functions to copy config file tree content to log file or
should I create the list of file and copy content of each file to the logfile ?