I mean in 15.04. Most probably in 14.04 too, as I was still using it
until very recently.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  At random times, Launcher does not respond to clicks too close to the
  left border of the screen

Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  I have Launcher set up to not automatically hide (because it's buggy
  and it would stop showing up too often).

  Usually, you can click on a launcher icon even on the leftmost column of
pixels and it will respond to clicks.
  Sometimes however, randomly, if you click on the very leftmost region, i.e.
just next to the left border of the screen, it will not respond to click; you
then have to click a little bit more to the right, inside the rounded rectangle
that surrounds the icon, for it to work.
  Then, after doing some random things with the mouse (switching focus between
different windows, closing some), it behaves normally again

  Package: unity 7.1.2+13.10.20131014.1-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-18.32-generic 3.11.10.4
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-18-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'