Public bug reported:

I am looking to be able to forward messages whilst within the messages
for a single contact (using swipe gesturing, if possible) rather than
copying and pasting the message to be forwarded into a new message that
is to be sent to the intended recipient.

On a related point, it may be useful to add the ability to forward
multiple messages simultaneously by adding a "Forward" option to the
available actions after selecting one or more messages in a particular
conversation.

** Affects: messaging-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to messaging-app in Ubuntu.

  More Convenient Message Forwarding

Status in messaging-app package in Ubuntu: