** Package changed: systemd-shim (Ubuntu) => network-manager (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  network disabled 14.04 trusty

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I first downloaded the 3/20 build, then the 3/21 build both with the
  same problem I have no network connection at all. Both installs
  installed completely with no errors, they even connected to the
  network and downloaded the files it's programmed to download, which is
  why I really can't believe the network isn't working. I do use mobile
  broadband to connect, but it is connecting to the computer as regular
  wifi, not mobile broadband. I tried two Samsung, and one LG phone, all
  on wifi and usb connections with the same result, on an Acer Aspire
  laptop.

  When running iwconfig,ifconfig,  and lshw -c network, they all show
  that the connection is coming in to the computer, however the network
  connection is disabled. Network Manager is not installed so that is no
  help, I'll have to make a manual connection then updating, and adding
  programs to correct the problem. Running "sudo ifup wlan0 up", returns
  the error "Ignore unknown init wlan0=wlan0, and ignore unknown up=up".
  Iwlist scan, shows "scannning is not capable, wlan0 is down", apport
  collect 126883 is not installed, "/sbin/ifconfig -a" shows all
  information is correct except connection is disabled. Hwinfo is not
  installed, neither is /sys/class/net.

  The computer is showing an ip address of 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0,
  the phones are showing something like 10.74.26.171, 255.255.255.0,
  however my 13.10 Ubuntu on same computer has an address of
  192.168.43.1, so network manager is compatible with the difference,
  but I don't think that the minimal services of this install can
  translate them. I have 13.10 and windows 7 both on the computer in
  addition to the 14.04, both other OS's, can connect both wirelessly
  and by usb0, so I know the hardware itself is good, I don't know if
  the right drivers are there. I think I have elimanated every possible
  problem except a software or driver problem. Unfortunately I can't
  update the network without the network.

  I've tried connection through wpa-supplicant, with no luck. I have
  spent three days trying to troubleshoot the issue with no luck. I
  tried using my 13.10 to download a .deb of network manager and
  installing with dpkg, however no matter what I did dpkg returned with
  an error of, "file does not exist".

  For some reason the network is disabled on this version, at least with
  mobile broadband wifi, and usb connections, there needs to be a way to
  update the system so you can connect and update.