As of Trusty - this bug seems to disappear.
I am not sure whether or not it still appears in 12.04 or somewhere in
the middle.
Thanks,
Andrey

On 09/18/2015 04:13 PM, Andrea Azzarone wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to report this bug.  We have tried to
> recreate this on the latest release of Ubuntu and cannot reproduce it.
> This bug is being marked as Invalid.  If you believe the problem to
> still exist in the latest version of Ubuntu please comment on why that
> is the case and change the bug status to NEW.
>
> ** Changed in: unity
>
> ** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  a window is shifted when I switch workspaces

Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Reproduce scenario:
  - Ctrl-Alt-T  -  open new gnome-terminal
  - Ctrl-Alt-KP2  -  half-maximize this gnome-terminal
  - Ctrl-Alt-ArrowDown  -  switch to another workspace
  - Ctrl-Alt-ArrowUp  -  switch workspace back

  The result:
  the terminal window is shifted left below the Unity bar. Refer to attached
screenshots.

  Note:
  - With other applications (not gnome-terminal) might work and might not work.
  - If one uses workspace switcher instead of keyboard shortcuts, for workspace
switching, might not get reproduced
  - Persists for long time ... I think from Oneiric

  Package: unity 5.18.0-0ubuntu2
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,decor,place,imgpng,resize,compiztoolbox,unitymtgrabhandles,mousepoll,gnomecompat,grid,move,regex,session,vpswitch,snap,animation,wall,expo,workarounds,fade,ezoom,scale,unityshell]