Well, basically right now there are about 80ms to show the window, so it
really depends in how fast you are.

In generally showing the view quickly is good (as if you want it to be
presented is not nice to have a longer timeout), while it's not possible
to predict what kind of switching the user will be, and thus showing it
for a few ms before closing it again, IMHO is better than waiting longer
to see it when you want that.

Maybe we might make those timeouts tunable from settings, though.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Pressing alt + tab quickly, but alt-tab window appears

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  Test-case alttab/switch-quick

  Open two different applications, focus application A
  Press alt + tab quickly
      The alt-tab window should not appear [2D: fail] -- FAILED, I press very
quickly
      Application B should get raised and focused -- YES