Tried this again I can reproduce it *only if* I switch to another
user(name).

If the system has two (or more) users and I click another username from
the indicator but instead I select my current logged-in user and write
the password the lock screen blinks and asks for the password a second
time.  The second time accepts the password and unlocks the session.

If I click the 'Lock/Switch Account' in the indicator, greeter works as
it should without problems.

This has been tested with package,
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/1.16.2-0ubuntu1

Any other test-case is welcome.

Regards
NickTh

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Greeter auth doesn't unlock unity lockscreen

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  Using current wily

  - use indicator-session to go to the greeter (e.g pick another user in the
list)
  - select your normal user back
  - enter your password

  you should go back to an unlocked session but it's still locked...