Switching to the software codecs is the right answer as the setup time
of a hardware codec is currently much slower than with an equivalent
software codec. I'd like to do some profiling of the hardware codec
setup process some time in the near future to see if it's just how it
will always be because it's not something we can change, or if there is
something we can optimize to make setup a lot faster.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gst-plugins-bad1.0 in

  Fails to generate thumbnail for small videos recorded with camera-app

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in Thumbnailer:
  Confirmed
Status in gst-plugins-bad1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in thumbnailer package in Ubuntu:

  Videos with less than one sec recorded by camera-app (like when you
  click on the record button and immediately stops the recording
  process) have problems while generating thumbnail. This seems to be a
  problem to gallery-app since if we have one file like this on the
  collection the thumbnails took a long time to generate.

  I added an unit test that seems to fail on this branch:
  lp:~artmello/thumbnailer/thumbnailer-no_thumbnail_video

  Attached a video sample that seems to fail