Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. We have tried to
recreate this on the latest release of Ubuntu and cannot reproduce it.
This bug is being marked as Invalid. If you believe the problem to still
exist in the latest version of Ubuntu please comment on why that is the
case and change the bug status to NEW.

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Nautilus global menu not visible (Ubuntu Precise + Quantal)

Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The Global menu for Nautilus appears, but is unavailable.

  What I expect to happen: When I click on it, the menu should appear.
  What happens instead: a small rectangle appears under the menu item, but I
cannot access anything (screenshot attached)

  This only happens from time to time, usually after the system has been
  up and running for a couple days. Rebooting always fixes the issue.

  I have been experiencing this with Precise and Quantal 64bit.

  andreas@x220:~$ nautilus --check

  ** (nautilus:8707): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed
to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-pNcNWOwFzY: Connection refused
  running nautilus_self_check_file_utilities
  running nautilus_self_check_file_operations
  running nautilus_self_check_directory
  running nautilus_self_check_file
  running nautilus_self_check_icon_container
  running nautilus_self_check_file_utilities
  running nautilus_self_check_file_operations
  running nautilus_self_check_directory
  running nautilus_self_check_file
  running nautilus_self_check_icon_container

  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:3.5.90.really.3.4.2-0ubuntu4
    Candidate: 1:3.5.90.really.3.4.2-0ubuntu4
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.5.90.really.3.4.2-0ubuntu4 0
          500 http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/ubuntu/ quantal/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status