Are you sure this is fixed in 14.04?

I'm still not able to add IBus input candidates in GNOME Fallback's Text Entry
settings.
I had to resort to manually editing the settings through dconf-editor, as
described here: http://askubuntu.com/a/512259

Having done that, the language is added to the indicator in the panel,
but switching via the hotkey doesn't work: It changes the indicator to
the IBus layout, but the keyboard presses are those of the previously-
cycled xkb layout. Selecting the input method by clicking the indicator
with the mouse works fine.

Note: It works fine in 15.04, but 14.04 is an LTS release, and a fix
would be appreciated.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  IBus input candidates not shown in GNOME Fallback session

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:

  I was able to add "Chinese (Pinyin)" as input method in Ubuntu 13.10's
  new "Text Entry Settings". Switching between "English (US)" and
  Chinese entry works for me, generally. When I'm using the "Ubuntu
  (Default)" (Unity) session, input candidates are also properly shown
  (a little floating window that shows candidate Chinese characters
  while typing).

  However, when I use the "GNOME Fallback" or "GNOME with Xmonad"
  session, as I normally do, the candidates do not show up at all. This
  makes Pinyin input useless.

  OS and package versions:

  ke@apis:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      13.10