There is an info() method on SearchReply and PreviewReply objects. This
method informs the shell that some non-fatal, warning condition has
occurred during the query. This method takes a OperationInfo argument
that can be configured to describe a number of warning conditions via an
enum such as: NoInternet, NoLocationData, ResultsIncomplete etc. You can
call this method multiple times for multiple warning conditions, for
example: NoInternet+ResultsIncomplete.

Now as far as I can see by the shell plugin code, we are relaying this
information to unity8 via the scope's status() getter, but I don't think
it has been decided on yet how the dash would deal with these
conditions. I'm adding unity8 to the affected projects.

** Also affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scopes-api in

  api should provide translated "no network" and "no location" results

Status in The Savilerow project:
  New
Status in unity-scopes-api package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  Scopes that use the network or that use location (status for each is
  provided through the metadata to the scope) usually need to inform the
  user when there is no network and when location is disabled.

  Currently, every scope must handle this on its own, including
  translations.

  It therefore seems efficient for the api to provide translated results
  for these, perhaps with something like the following text:

  "Sorry! The network is not available. Please check your settings and
  connections."

  "Sorry! Location services are not enabled for this scope. Please check
  the scope settings."