Indeed, that is a regression, something we overlooked when testing confinement
of the browser.
With the confinement, browsing anywhere on the filesystem (file:// URLs) is
forbidden. Not sure whether we can easily add an exception to the apparmor
profile for that one file (which by the way is localized, so it’s not actually
just one file, we’d need a wildcard exception for
file:///custom/vendor/here/location-provider-consent/*.html), and if it’s
desirable at all from a security standpoint.
Is the expectation that these TOS have to be available offline? Or is it ok to
point users to the same page online, with an http:// link?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  HERE conditions cannot be loaded

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  After the latest confinement upgrade to webbrowser-app, HERE terms and
  conditions are no longer accessible.

  Test case.
  - Flash the phone.
  - Finish the setup wizard.
  - Finish gesture tutorial.
  - Open location indicator.
  - Tap on "Read HERE terms and conditions".

  Expected result.
  - Webbrowser app is launched and T&C file is loaded and displayed.

  Actual result.
  - Webbrowser app cannot read local files, T&C file gives an error.