Are you sure you mean "refocused", or do you mean that it's black when
it's unhidden? If so, that's currently expected as we tear down the
compositor for a hidden webview in order to free up memory.

I have a plan to make this a bit better, particularly for the switching
tabs case in the browser where we'll probably recycle the compositor
rather than tearing one down and creating a new one.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Webview turns black  when it gets refocused

Status in Oxide:
  New
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  When taking an Action, for example pop a Page (e.g. Settings in webbrowser
app) the webview turns black for part of a second.
  If there is more content in a website or javascript running, this effect can
last for up to a second.

  Is that a known problem?