The main difference in this regard between upstart and systemd is that
during suspend the pm-utils quirks are not run any more. Can you please
check (under systemd) that running "sudo pm-suspend" instead of closing
the lid or using the indicator fixes this problem?

I'm fairly sure that it does.  If so, then we need to find the
particular hook that is responsible for this. The most probable one is
60_wpa_supplicant. Can you see if this works:

  sudo wpa_cli suspend ; sudo systemctl suspend; sudo wpa_cli resume

?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  No wifi connection after suspend with systemd

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Confirmed
Status in NetworkManager:
  Unknown
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Using systemd as my default init system if I resume from suspend my
  laptop, it doesn't automatically reconnect to the wireless network and
  it doesn't list the available network connections.

  The only way to get a wireless connection is to restart the network-
  manager daemon or going to the gnome-control-center, disable wireless
  and enable it again.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.10.0-4ubuntu6
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 2.16.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Feb 15 18:27:39 2015
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" - Alpha amd64
(20140923)
  IpRoute:
   default via 10.0.0.1 dev wlan0  proto static  metric 1024
   10.0.0.0/24 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 10.0.0.36
   169.254.0.0/16 dev wlan0  scope link  metric 1000
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to vivid on 2015-01-13 (32 days ago)
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE   TYPE      STATE        DBUS-PATH
CONNECTION       CON-UUID                              CON-PATH

   wlan0    wifi      connected    /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/2
openhost_caldas  09d1f69d-d3da-4978-a69c-d94455db7ecf
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0
   docker0  bridge    unavailable  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/3

   eth0     ethernet  unavailable  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1

   lo       loopback  unmanaged    /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
  nmcli-nm: Error: command ['nmcli', '-f', 'all', 'nm'] failed with exit code
2: Error: Object 'nm' is unknown, try 'nmcli help'.