** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gallery-app in Ubuntu.

  gallery performs slower than similar apps on other platforms

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in gallery-app package in Ubuntu:

  This bug is a bit hard to phrase, because this is not an apples-to-
  apples comparison, except at the highest level.

  BQ report that customers are very unsatisfied with the performance of
  gallery. They are used to having a place which is a collection of
  photos on their phone.

  If they use the same hardware, and keep those photos in the equivalent
  app on android, performance is much better.

  I will attach in a comment a video demonstrating the problem

  Whilst the initial condition is not quite the same, I think the key
  usability concern is the scroll performance, and the heavy use of the
  spinner in place of an actual thumbnail.

  Obviously, there might be many reasons why 'things are slow', but it
  is a core comparison point between handsets to scroll a collection of
  the users photos, and this is a core function of gallery.

  It seems android can deliver this experience with almost no use of
  placeholders. Can Ubuntu?