I've been having this issue at boot and when plugging my phone in for a
number of weeks on 14.04 and iPhone 4s.

After suffering in silence I searched and found this thread. Would love
to see this fix back-ported but I installed the libimobiledevice-utils
and it appears to have gone away.

So my advice to people searching is to try installing libimobiledevice-
utils and report back here on your success either way!

Now I'm off to get the Zend SIGSEV fixed in Apache!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to upower in Ubuntu.

  upowerd crashed with SIGSEGV in service_client_free()

Status in upower package in Ubuntu:

  it looks like nothing happend. When I switch on the PC and after loging in
this window with 'report an error/bug' appeard. so I guess it is minor.
  thanks for doing :)

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: upower 0.9.23-2ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-23-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Apr  9 15:37:43 2014
  ExecutablePath: /usr/lib/upower/upowerd
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Server 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Beta i386
(20140326)
  ProcCmdline: /usr/lib/upower/upowerd
  ProcEnviron:

  SegvAnalysis:
   Segfault happened at: 0xb74e9919 <service_client_free+25>:   mov
(%esi),%eax
   PC (0xb74e9919) ok
   source "(%esi)" (0x302e0000) not located in a known VMA region (needed
readable region)!
   destination "%eax" ok
  SegvReason: reading unknown VMA
  Signal: 11
  SourcePackage: upower
  StacktraceTop:
   service_client_free () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libimobiledevice.so.4
   property_list_service_client_free () from
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libimobiledevice.so.4
   lockdownd_client_free () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libimobiledevice.so.4
   ?? ()
   g_object_unref () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgobject-2.0.so.0
  Title: upowerd crashed with SIGSEGV in service_client_free()
  UserGroups: