** Package changed: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) => xorg (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Discrete Radeon graphics unit won't stay *off*

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  Until today I was running Ubuntu 15.04, and finally got to the point
  where I could run my HP computer with the Radeon discrete graphics
  disabled/*turned off* -- even when watching video with the VLC video
  player.

  However, after upgrading to Ubuntu 15.10 today, the Radeon discrete
  graphics keeps coming on, even though I'm trying to force it to stay
  in the "PX asic powered off" state.

  There are several problems with the Radeon discrete graphics:
  * when it comes on & goes off it glitches the display and the Bluetooth mouse
and glitches the audio
  * it cause this laptop to run 10 degrees F hotter.

  How can I disable the discrete Radeon graphics unit so that it *stays
  powered off* ?

  I have already registered several bugs wrt to this problem:
  * Bug 1466934
  * Bug 1467274
  * Bug 1466950

  Bottom line: I want to *keep the Radeon discrete graphics unit turned
  off*, and do not wish to use this unit for any "hardware decoding",
  "hardware rendering", or *anything*.

  My AMD 3-core CPU is powerful enough to do *software rendering* for
  anything I want to do, so I don't really need or want the discrete
  Radeon graphics running on this computer.  (I have other computers
  available should I need HW encoding/decoding/rendering assist.)

  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core 1:15.10.14
  ApportVersion: 2.19.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Oct 22 16:30:42 2015
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: ubuntu-release-upgrader
  Symptom: release-upgrade
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to wily on 2015-10-22 (0 days ago)
  VarLogDistupgradeTermlog: