After talking with Pawel there's nothing in unity8's side for this to
happen.

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  [Scopes] Departments not behaving consistently when navigating
  too/from a Scope

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  Fix Committed
Status in unity-scopes-shell package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Departments are currently not cleared for Apps (as well as other Scopes) when
navigating away/too a Scope. However, if a user selects a department and then
conducts a search, navigating away/too the scope clears the search AND resets
the department (tested in the Amazon and Ebay Scopes).
  Additionally, opening the department drop-down shows the previously selected
department as still being active/applied.

  Recommendation:
  Apps Scope is a special case where we should clear searches and reset
departments (including within the department drop-dow) when a user navigates
away from the scope.

  All other scopes should preserve both the department and (where
  relevant) filters, but clear searches (which are easily accessible by
  beginning a new search and selecting from the recent search list).

  --- UX Comment ---

  Entering a search query should not clear the selected 'department' but
  instead, it should norrow down the results within that specific
  department. I understand that this was specified by design before,
  however, that's not the behaviour that we want to mantain in the
  future version of scopes. This behaviour is not specific to a single
  scope but the default case for all of them.

  For further information please refer to design spec:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xWNpO3UUdmVak0NZ63yaDTF8Il0P_UF96Y2eOiBVBz0/edit#